Not one to shy away from electronic music, post-hardcore experimentalists Enter Shikari have just announced they’ll be releasing a remix version of their new album The Mindsweep titled The Mindsweep: Hospitalised (yes, with an S you grammar nerds).
Set to be released through Hospital Records October 30, the new full-length will include remixes from producers such as Metrik, Danny Byrd, Kenno and more.
When asked about the forthcoming album, Enter Shikari frontman Rou Reynolds expressed his appreciation for B-sides and remixes.
“We’ve always been big on our B-sides and remixes,” said Reynolds. “With every album, we’ve always tried to get a load of drum and bass remixes done. Hospital-wise, we did one with High Contrast around the time of our second album Common Dreads, for instance.
Reynolds continued to add, “While we were making The Mindsweep we started the idea of having a consolidated collection of just d’n'b (drum and bass) tracks. Because The Mindsweep is such a varied album we just thought it’d be quite interesting to see what a drum & bass take on each track would be, and Hospital’s the one label that I personally have been into forever.”
To check out the first remix to appear from The Mindsweep: Hospitalised, be sure to look below. Afterwards, pre-orders are available now through the band's official webstore.
The Mindsweep: Hospitalised track list:
01) “The Appeal & The Mindsweep” (Metrik remix)
02) “The One True Colour” (Keeno remix)
03) “Anaesthetist” (Reso remix)
04) “The Last Garrison” (S.P.Y remix)
05) “Never Let Go Of The Microscope” (Etherwood remix)
06) “Myopia” (Bop remix)
07) “Torn Apart” (Hugh Hardie remix)
08) “Interlude” (The Erised remix)
09) “The Bank Of England” (Lynx remix)
10) “There’s A Price On Your Head” (Danny Byrd remix)
11) “Dear Future Historians” (London Elektricity remix)
12) “The Appeal & The Mindsweep II” (Krakota remix)